More news News
On the occasion of the presentation at the 77th session of the UN General Assembly of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education's report on early childhood care and education (ECCE), Portugal, the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education, UNESCO, the Right to Education Initiative, the University of Oxford, OMEP, CLADE and Human Rights Watch invite you for a 90 minutes online event on 2 November 2022, 10am New York time / 3pm Geneva time, to discuss:
- States' obligations emanating from the human right to education on what concerns the provision of ECCE building on the rights of children in early childhood already recognised in several international legal instruments.
- The effective implementation of the rights of young children with regards to ECCE by reinforcing and developing legal and policy frameworks at the country level.
Speakers will provide short inputs in introduction to set the context followed by an interactive discussion with the audience, including states representatives from Geneva and New York Delegations, UN representatives, Academics, and Civil society organisations.
Speakers will include:
- Farida Shaheed, UN Special Rapporteur on the right to education
- Ms. Sónia Almeida, National Coordinator of the “Garantia para a Infância” Programme of Portugal
- Professor Sandra Fredman, Oxford University
- Rolla Moumné, UNESCO
- Rajakumari Michaelsamy, Right to Education Initiative
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3N4Thlt